Sunday, May 8, 2011

Insanity's Asylum Day 1: Fit Test #1

What can I say?  This program is not going to be easy by any means.  The Athletic Assessment was challenging, humbling and a little exciting.  I didn't use the jumprope to warm up because it kept hitting the ceiling and furniture, even after I shortened it.  The ladder is a real trip.  You mess it up, you have to fix straighten it out AND that rep is void.  Here are my numbers:
1. Agility Heisman 6
I kept thinking too hard about this and felt like a total klutz
2. In & Out Ab Progression 27
OMG!  My core/hip flexors/quads where on FIRE
3. Pull-up/Push-ups 20
I opted for the lat push-ups and after reviewing the video, my form is HORRIBLE!
4. Mountain Climber Switch Kicks 70
I tried so hard to pull the legs up and engage the hip flexors.  Harder than I thought it would be!
5. Agility Shoulder Taps 5.5
I am so slow!
6. X Jumps 35
DEEP quad burn, ughh!
7. Moving Push-ups 5
Bad form and super slow, needs work
8. Agility Lateral Shuffle 14
I had fun with this one; I actually could do it!
9. Agility Bear Crawl 5
So embarrassing and I could not get my body and mind on the same page

So there you have it.  Day 1 is in the books.  Tomorrow is Speed & Agility.  I watched a little of it on my tv.  It looks INSANE!  Can't wait.......

1 comment: