Friday, April 6, 2012

Does size really matter?

My mind wandered today and I had a realization.  Who cares what size you are?  Who is to tell you what size is right or "wrong"?  The media?  Really?  Get real.
Now, don't get me wrong.  I fully support people getting out of an obese weight range and getting healthier.  It saves lives.  I'm talking about those of us who are in a healthy weight range.  When is enough ENOUGH?
I'm solid.  I'm a big girl, and have always told myself this.  To me, it was always a bad thing.   Once I figured out why, I was able to accept, move on, and grow.  I told you I was soul searching this year :)
Our bodies were designed to get you through life.  Treat it poorly, and your life will suffer.  If you are not strong, you cannot keep up with your children and your grand-children.  Ask yourself what you really want out of life.
A few pounds on the scale?  Nah!  You are significant in other people's lives; don't ever deny yourself that fact.  What truly truly makes you happy?  Anyone care to discuss?

No comments:

Post a Comment