Monday, January 31, 2011

My passion project

 I am married and have a supportive husband and two amazing dogs.  I have been running marathons and ultra-marathons for close to 8 years.  My health history includes several major running related injuries, stemming from overuse and imbalances.  I decided to get certified as an RRCA running coach, to better coach myself and stay healthy.  I started coaching others to reach marathons and found their successes to be even more rewarding.

Over the last two years, my weight kept creeping up.  I exercised intensely and did my best to eat a healthy diet.  I hired personal trainers to help me get trim, but it got too expensive to keep up with.  I tried to lift weights and cross train on my own, but had a hard time with motivation.  In the spring of 2009, I ordered TurboJam.  I LOVED it!  It was such a breath of fresh air to have FUN while working out (besides running, of course).  Soon, I ordered Chalean Extreme and ordered my select tech weights.  The strength gains were amazing!  I followed with P90X classic and continued to improve.  September 2009, while heading into my 3rd month of P90X, I watched my marathon times improve significantly (from 4:30 to 3:55).  I never felt stronger!  The exciting thing is, there is room to improve MORE.

I became a certified TurboKick instructor on my 90th day of P90X.  I now teach three classes per week and love it!!  I just became certified in Hip Hop Hustle recently to change it up.

I continue to see improvements and the weight has been melting off.  Since July 2009, I have dropped 18 lbs!  I changed my diet to only whole, unprocessed foods and I was able to kick the night time snacking.  This was very hard, considering I was a full blown popcorn addict!

So far, I have done Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, P90X, Brazil Butt Lift, TurboFire and just started Insanity in January 2011   Since incorporating these programs into my workout regimen, I have been injury free.  I am now up to 53 marathons/ultra and I Boston qualified in the fall of 2010.  I'm registered for Boston 2011 (yeah, baby, yeah!!) Crazy, I know....but that is another conversation ;)

My new life goal is to reach out to others and help them realize how much they are capable of.  We only get one shot at life and it is so important to have strength and confidence to enjoy it.  This is why I became a Beachbody coach.  I think there will be nothing more rewarding than to know I've influenced someone in adapting to a healthier lifestyle.  Give yourself the chance to find your true potential within.   Feel free to contact me if you ever have any questions for me personally or about Beachbody products. I am here to help.  This is my passion!

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,
    I just lost quite a bit of weight and I have started running the C25K program. I want to add in another program but I am not sure what one. I have been researching for a while now. I am not in horrible shape but definitely need to get better. What program would you suggest starting with? You look like you have tried them all. LOL Thanks1 Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacey! Thank you for checking out my blog! I would be honored to help you out. Can you email me at jessicarunningcoach@hotmail.com?

    ReplyDelete